Your social, cultural and gastronomical neighbourhood watch.
Monday, 6 July 2009
Why Don't You... Check out the Idea Generation Gallery
The Idea Generation Gallery, located on on Chance Street, showcases the best of contemporary art and popular photography. At the moment, the main attraction features work by John "Hoppy" Hopkins, a freelance photographer and former nuclear physicist in the 1950's. Hopkins' involvement in the London underground movement in the late 1960's has allowed for a unique take on the new politics of peace and counter-culture of the time. He has not only produced images of iconic figures such as Malcom X and John Lennon, but also the seemingly "seedier" images of London at the time, including tattoo parlours and fetishists. His exhibit, dubbed "Against Tyranny" is showing until the 19th of July... something that should not be missed.
- Brick Lane Vintage
- Get Krump!
- Why Don't You... Sing Some Motown?
- Much like this snazzy dwelling on Columbia Road,...
- Coming Up...
- Shoreditch Services - Locked out?
- Lovebox Fever - let's hear it for the boys...
- Lovebox Fever - 2 days to go and festival fashion ...
- Coming Up...
- Radical Nature
- SHOREDITCH CALLING: POETS AND FILMMAKERS
- Market Mayhem... Part 3
- Top Ten - Shoreditch Street Art
- Our Second Home
- A Quick Read
- Unconventionally conventional - Gilbert and George...
- Gig tonight.
- Shoreditch in the News!
- Why Don't You... Check out the Idea Generation Gal...
- Shoes of Shoreditch
- Books. Art. Books+Art. Book Art.
- ▼ July (24)