If you are looking to go out for a fun, tasty yet affordable dinner Tay Do Cafe, one of the many Vietnamese BYOB restaurants located on Kingsland Road is a fantastic venue to consider. The massive menu boasts a great range of vegetarian, fish and meat options (personal favourites are the tofu and bean sprout udon noodles/tamarind tofu and crab and sweetcorn soup). The restaurant is not licensed to serve alcohol so you are welcome to bring your own. However, they will charge a 50p corkage fee which in comparison to other BYOB's in the area, is relatively cheap. The restaurant is always jam-packed, yet even on a Friday night expect waiting time to be minimal...five to ten minutes at most. Tay Do Cafe's bright green walls and plastic furnishings leave much to be desired in the way of decor but ultimately this is a negligible factor as the bustling atmosphere and delicious dishes steal the show.
Tay Do Cafe, 65 Kingsland Road, E2 8AG
Your social, cultural and gastronomical neighbourhood watch.
- Brick Lane Vintage
- Get Krump!
- Why Don't You... Sing Some Motown?
- Much like this snazzy dwelling on Columbia Road,...
- Coming Up...
- Shoreditch Services - Locked out?
- Lovebox Fever - let's hear it for the boys...
- Lovebox Fever - 2 days to go and festival fashion ...
- Coming Up...
- Radical Nature
- SHOREDITCH CALLING: POETS AND FILMMAKERS
- Market Mayhem... Part 3
- Top Ten - Shoreditch Street Art
- Our Second Home
- A Quick Read
- Unconventionally conventional - Gilbert and George...
- Gig tonight.
- Shoreditch in the News!
- Why Don't You... Check out the Idea Generation Gal...
- Shoes of Shoreditch
- Books. Art. Books+Art. Book Art.
- ▼ July (24)